Expert in seismic hazard, response to natural hazards, project leadership, and engineering seismology.
A bit of background
- PhD in Seismology from the University of Canterbury (2004) with Dr John Berrill.
- Postdoc researcher on earthquake source mechanics at ENS France with Professor Raul Madariaga.
- Fellow of the New Zealand Society for Earthquake Engineering. (nzsee.org.nz)
- Honorary Research Associate at Victoria University of Wellington vuw.ac.nz
- Senior seismologist for GNS Science for over 14 years.
- GeoNet earthquake duty officer and member of the NZ tsunami expert panel for over a decade
- Led the It’s Our Fault research programme working with Wellington City Council, NZ Earthquake Commission (EQC) and Wellington Region Emergency Management Office (WREMO) on earthquake resilience for the Wellington region (Itsourfault.org.nz)
- Working with with key NZ resilience leaders like NEMA, EQC and WREMO, as well as, the extended earthquake engineering community.
I'm also passionate about...
France-Aotearoa NZ relationships in science areas. I’m the current President for FAST! France-Aotearoa Science Technology and Innovation association francenzst.org.nz